Monday, August 3, 2009

Parental Pride

It seems like lately Parker is learning tons of new words (okay, tons is perhaps a bit of an exaggeration) She started a long time ago with "mama." Then she learned "book." (Alicia is VERY proud of this.) At the beginning of July she started with "whoa," which I know isn't really a word, but I think it can count. Then came "uh-oh" and "ball." Today she started saying "boom." What I think is most hilarious about that is that she will fall (okay, really sit from standing) and then, after saying "boom" will sometimes request her Boo Boo Bunny. This is just a frozen block, sort of like those ice cube things with a little rabbit around the outside that someone gave us at a shower. So, now it goes like this: "Boom. Boo Boo Buh" :)

Now, my new favorite. (Please read the heavy sarcasm.) Parker has started saying "poop." Now, in her defense, the girl has her issues with constipation, so we talk about poop and pooping a LOT. This morning she was having a hard time and was laying on my shoulder. When I asked if she was okay, she replied "poop poop." Great. So my kid now says "poop." I should be so proud.

1 comment: