She gave us a whole bunch of literature that basically said 'we are most sure that we cannot accurately predict macrosomia or shoulder distocia (scary nerve-wrecking thing that happens when the baby's shoulders get stuck in your pelvis) until it happens, but when it happens it's bad.' Very helpful. Thank you.
So, Alicia and are faced with a decision. Planned c-section at 39 or 40 weeks (our choice) or just try to do things naturally and see what happens. We haven't made any official decisions yet, nor do we have to until Friday at our next appointment, but personally, I don't want to do ANYTHING that could hurt Parker, so I am leaning toward a planned c-section. I know they are scary, but I want the doctor to do the best possible job she can and I think that would happen more with a planned surgery than with an emergency one (which we are at high risk for). Plus, I am NOT excited about laboring and then having to have surgery. I have heard that the planned c is much easier to recover from than the emergency.
I guess for right now, we are just sitting and waiting to see if she decides to come early on her own and debating what we are going to do if she doesn't make her appearance before Friday. Whatever happens, I suppose that she will be her pretty soon and that will be VERY exciting!