Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Boring update

I don't feel as there is much to post about, but even Alicia is asking me if I have updated my blog, so here's an update.

I'm done being pregnant. This seems a bit early to me. I know this happens to everyone, but I still have 6 weeks to go (assuming P decides to get here on time and somehow I think that isn't going to be the case.) I feel like I am "done" too early. But, I am soooooo done. I can't sit. It's uncomfortable. I can't lay. I get heartburn. I just want to sleep (I figure this might happen somewhere in March, but at least when she is here, I might feel like I am getting up with purpose.) I walk to the mailbox and I get so hot that I have to sit on the couch with an iced washcloth on my face just to stop feeling like I am suffocating from the heat. I am absolutely dreading returning to school next week. I am just not a good pregnant person. I'm sure this is positively shocking to anyone who knows me, my 'neediness' and my tolerance for uncomfortability. Ah well, it will be over with soon (in the grand scheme of life.)

In other news...Alicia started school yesterday. :( I miss her being home. I guess it will be good when I go back to school because at least I will have things to occupy my time instead of just sitting on the couch thinking about all the things I should be doing.

My youngest sister, Sally, arrived Friday after her softball tournament in Kentucky and will be staying with us until tomorrow. She has been initiated in the fun grown-up life of errands and not much else. We did go to the movies once. I think she thought it was rather in the ordinary whereas it was a pretty big outing for me and Alicia.

Other than that, we are just trying to solidify baby stuff. This will be much easier after our final (woo-hoo) shower on the 16th. Then we can buy the things we don't have (hopefully with giftcards) and actually be ready for the arrival of this little one. We do have to finish up adoption paperwork and get a pediatrician in order (slackers on this one....) Nothing is really new on the daycare front. We are on one (sort of 2) waiting lists and are feeling out the possibility of sharing a caregiver with friends. We will see. It will all work out - right?

Okay, that's it. Nothing's really new.

3 comments:

Krysten said...

I'm feeling you! I'm very done! I keep trying to make myself be active because I think it's probably better for me and for her. But, it's nearly impossible for me to get to sleep and never mind actually staying asleep! I had such horrible heartburn last night, I was actually wishing to give birth instantly so as to switch one kind of pain for another! I'm also having incredible swelling. Much of the time I can't make a fist because my hands are so swollen. It's awful! I'll have more to post on my own blog later, but I wanted to let you know that you are definitely not alone!

Cathy said...

I had heartburn so bad I was taking 10 Tums a day, which is the max, I would line them up, take them individually, so as to not exceed my daily limit. And my stomach was so sensitive it could only be the CVS generic tropical flavor tums, which tasted like smarties to me but tended to gross out everyone I knew.
I feel your pain. But 6 weeks is NOT LONG, she'll be here before you know it. This lack of sleep is to get you accustomed to more lack of sleep...a foretaste of the feast to come.

amypfan said...

I pity you for having this baby in September. Pregnancy makes you hot enough; it's just unfair to have to deal with excessive heat as well!!