Thursday, August 21, 2008

13 Reasons Alicia is great

I meant to do this post yesterday because I have been so appreciative of Alicia during this whole baby/pregnancy thing.  Things got a little crazy with the giant baby bit and my awful back pain, but I figure better late than never.  So, here goes.

1.  She makes my lunch.  Every day.  It's awesome.

2. She has come to every doctor's appointment - everything from follicle measuring to sperm holding to belly measuring.  She has been there.  Every single time.  

3. She lets me just writhe in pain on the couch.  Even though she is often tired and not feeling well, she will do whatever household things need done and let me lay on the couch.

4. I wake her up in the middle of the night to rub my back and she does it.  She's not sleeping much more than I am, but when she is, I am sometimes mean and wake her up because my back hurts and she rubs it.

5. She makes me dinner.  Every night (or at least every night that we cook.)  I never cook.

6. She's even been doing the dishes.  Usually, she cooks and I clean up, but lately she's just been doing it all.  

7. She brings me whatever I ask for.  I'm pretty needy to begin with and now with this whole pregnancy thing, she's pretty much at my beck and call.

8. She has assembled every piece of baby furniture.   I'm sure she has hated ever second of it, but it all looks amazing and it's done!

9. She managed to wade her way through tons of paperwork and jump through a million hoops to adopt Parker.  (This is still in progress, obviously, but the paperwork was ridiculous!)

10. She ties my shoes.  I normally wear slip on shoes for this very reason, but on the occasion when I have had to wear the kind with ties - she has tied them.

11. She has cleaned the cat box single handedly for 15 months.  It's her least favorite chore and it makes her gag, but she still does it.

12.  Speaking of gross things, she has cleaned up tons of cat puke lately.  I can't really go anywhere near it - even if I could, I'm quite sure I couldn't bend to get to it.

13. She just puts up with my moodiness.  That doesn't seem like a huge deal, but the number of times I have cried over nothing in the last few weeks cannot even be counted and every time she has been patient and wonderful even though I know I am driving her crazy.

So, there you have it.  Alicia is the greatest.  

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Awww what a blessing to have someone who loves you and baby Parker so much! :)

Moonwatcher said...

I love hearing about how Al is great, cause she is! I also love reading your blog! Hope you are totally sleeping in pain free sleep right now- I'm going to use the think method on you just to make sure :-)

Carrie said...

Doesn't her support make things so much better? I didn't realize just how much I loved Steve than when I was at the worst part of pregnancy and he took care of EVERYTHING and didn't let me lift a finger.