Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Once, twice, three times....

I know I have complained about being done with this pregnancy before, but I think I finally lost it this week.  Sunday night, I was flipping out because she wasn't moving like I thought she should. Alicia convinced me to call the doctor (although I did call Monday morning instead of the middle of the night Sunday) and, of course, they wanted to bring me in.  So, even though I had JUST gotten to school, I turned around and drove to the doctor where they did a non-stress test.  Parker is just fine.  I'm the crazy one.

Monday night, I started having horrific back pain.  I hardly slept at all and nothing was making it any better.  I suffered through the day Tuesday, spent the evening on the couch and hunched backward over an office chair.  I would start to feel better and then I would move, either in place or to get up to go the bathroom, and the knife in my back would return.  After spending the entire night wandering from the bed to the couch to the office chair to the papasan chair to the floor and back again, without really ever sleeping or the pain going away, I decided to call the doctor (yet again).  This time I did not even  bother to go into work first.  I tried, but I was just moving too slowly because of the pain and thought it would be silly to drive to the south side if I was just going to have to go back to my north side doctor again.  Of course, I was not able to actually get through and had to leave a message, so at 8:40, I trekked off to school.  When the office called back (right as I got to school - what great timing!), we decided to move my regular appointment from Friday to today, so I left school early (again) to go to the doctor this afternoon.

Here is the good news from this afternoon's appointment.  The doctor gave me a pill for my back! YEA!  Here's to sleeping tonight!  She also set me up with some physical therapy people who will hopefully make the pill not necessary.  I don't really know what this entails since I haven't heard from them yet, but I'm hoping it just helps me feel better.  Also, the baby is fine.  Apparently, the baby is also potentially BIG.  So.......

We were asked to schedule an ultrasound, which of course will be....tomorrow.  I really don't think I was destined to go to school this week! :)  I'm kind of excited about seeing P baby again tomorrow.  I'm a little afraid that we will find out she is actually a boy and I'm definitely afraid of her being a giant baby.  I guess the good news on the giant baby front is that she might come earlier than 40 weeks (which I am all in favor for at this point!)  So, think good thoughts for us tomorrow as we double check that our baby is a girl and that she isn't some ginormous, monster baby.  I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Moonwatcher said...

Ah ha! First to comment (as I usually read blogs at night, I'm usually one of the last to comment)!

And my comment is: YEAH for no more back pain!!! YEAH for physical therapy!!! YEAH for not having to go to work (well not staying at work)!!!

Also, how did they not know Parker was potentially ginormous until now? Hope it's all great news at the ultrasound!

Cathy said...

I had weird back pain too, and it was so funky, it would disappear for like a minute after I peed, but I suppose Parker would work as a boy's name if you had to. Plus work is overrated, you didn't like going back anyway. Enjoy a lovely ultrasound, and may you find sweet comfort in hearing HER heartbeat.

Andrea said...

Sorry to hear about the pain! And don't worry about having a big baby. Worry about having a baby with a big head. Fat squishes - heads don't. Whenever people ask how I managed to give birth to an 8.5lb baby, I reply "her head was in the 15th percentile". Funny but true!

Krysten said...

Well, I'm not sure if you've had the ultrasound by now or not, but I've very eager for you to post the results, so let's get moving! I'm off to back to school night. I'm hoping that the sounds or ornery middle school children will scare Sadie out of me! I'll keep you posted! :)