Sunday, August 17, 2008

61

Wow!  Yesterday was quite a whirlwind of a day.  The biggest event was baby shower #5.  We have been so lucky to have had so many people want to host showers and give us and the baby tons of love (and stuff.)  Yesterday's shower was completely over the top.  (All of our other showers have been wonderful as well and exactly perfect for the group of people attending.)

The entire lobby of the building was decked out with a duck theme.  Each table had a peace plant in the middle with little rubber ducks floating around it.  There was more dessert than you could ever imagine.  It looked like a wedding reception where the wedding colors were yellow and "duck."  It was really beautiful.  I haven't had a chance to look at the pictures Alicia's brother took for us, but when I do, I will post some.  It was pretty unbelievable.

Now, to the most amazing part.  There were soooooo many people there.  I would guess between 60 and 70 - which leads me to the title of this post. 61.  That's how many thank you cards I need to write from yesterday alone.  (I had better hop on this fast or they aren't going to get done before she gets here!)  I am completely in awe of ALL the people (from all of our various showers) who have come forward offering love, blessing (and gifts) to us and baby Parker.

When we entered this process, I did have some concerns about how the world would react to a baby with two mommies, but I think the past 3 months have clearly demonstrated that she is already one of the most loved babies on the planet and I am so grateful to every person who contributes to that.  So, I will happily buy more thank you cards and try to express my appreciation.  

PS - Extreme appreciation aside - it's a lot of STUFF!!!!!  Spoiled little girl! :)

4 comments:

Krysten said...

Oh my goodness! I can't wait to see the pictures! I got my hair cut and colored yesterday and have been walking stairs, jumping up and down on the birthing ball, and having many a conversation trying to convince Sadie that today is a great day to be born. No luck yet! :(

Suellen said...

I told Parker that if she even tries to come late she is grounded the second she gets here! lol! :)

Cathy said...

It's amazing how much love a baby can bring into the world, and how much love she brings out in others. And she's not even here yet! Even my parents, who are VERY divorced, are civil and nice for the grandkids, come to think of it, nicer than to us. And Parker is so loved, that if even one person dares to give her any trouble, she'll literally have a full army at her disposal.

amypfan said...

If what I have seen over the last week is any indication, Baby P has an entire high school full of kids who adore her already. I think she's going to have a lot of surrogate aunts and uncles!