Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday Fill-ins



1. If I could travel back in time, I'd go to college again.  It really was the best time of my life, not that I don't love my life now, but I think it really blended the best of adulthood and childhood.  Ah, to be responsible for no one but myself!  (And to be skinny even though I am eating Denny's cheese fries 4 nights a week!)

2. Give me an early (not TOO early) delivery or give me a really easy job in the fall.  I'm still not sure how this whole "team teaching" thing is going to play out and I just don't want to be doing marching band of any kind at this point and I'm not sure that's going to happen.  Additionally, my doctor (as of now) will only fill out the paperwork for my FMLA to start on my actual due date, so I am stuck going to work until then (or the baby gets here....whichever comes first.)

3.  I am listening to the sounds of that really bad show "Charmed."  TNT does re-runs in the morning and Alicia really likes it.  It's like super low budget Buffy.  

4.  Somewhere, someone is thinking "I'm hungry!" Oh, wait, maybe that's just me.  We have zero food in our house and have been too lazy yet this morning to go do something about it.

5.  I'll always be P's mom.  (I didn't entirely steal this from you, Amy.)  Ever since we got pregnant it's just been kind of weird for me to think that for the rest of my life, I'm going to be someone's mom and no matter what else changes, that is going to be the same.  My identity is changing (or will rapidly change in a few weeks, since I don't feel very mommy-like yet) and it's just strange if I think too hard about it.

6.  My idea of a good time includes not thinking about stressful job stuff in anyway, relaxing with Alicia (and/or friends) and just in general removing myself from the yukky parts of my life.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to spending (yet more) time with my family, tomorrow my plans include possibly a trip to the Babies R Us, but really not much of anything if I have my way , and Sunday, I want to just hang out on the last day of our summer together. :(

3 comments:

Alicia said...

thank you for making me look like a complete dweeb. I do not really like Charmed. I'm just fascinated by supernatural dramas with poor writing and mediocre acting.

Cathy said...

Al, it's like a train wreck, you can't turn away. When Chris was tiny and I was sleep deprived, I watched those reruns and Judging Amy ALL THE TIME.

Kristin Kahl said...

sorry 'bout the fmla stuff! i found out the hard way that fmla can and will start before the birth date. my foggy preggo and sleep-deprived mommy mind though i'd have 12 weeks starting on miles' b-day, even though i took a week off beforehand. NOT! now i found out last week that i have to return to work a week early. just figured i'd warn you...now you can spend more time with baby p, right?