Thursday, January 7, 2010

Favorites

I had a good blogging spurt right before Christmas, made possible by the fact that we were at my in-laws and there were plenty of people to watch Parker. Things are back to normal (whatever that is) now and I haven't been doing so great of a job. So, instead of making individual posts about all the things we did, I'm just going to post my favorite pics from our festivities (Christmas Day onward)

Santa brought Parker a kitchen set. She was very excited and immediately walked over and began to play.
Parker opening a gift (before she hit gift overload and didn't want any more presents!)
Parker talks to her monkey puppet.
This is not such a great shot (the lighting is really bad), but it just makes me laugh because she wore that stupid duck towel around ALL day!
P loves being the center of attention and she certainly was!
Parker playing with her Uncle Steven, who she doesn't get to see very often.
My dad refinished a little rocking chair that had been my mom's and then mine, for Parker. She loves it! She's sitting in the chair Grandpa gave her under the blanket that Grandma made for her!
This picture is hilarious!!!!!! My family can be a little....overwhelming (in terms of size and volume) and a LOT silly. Alicia was trying to get everyone's attention. So, she stood on a folding chair. My sister thought she would be silly and stood on one of our kitchen chairs (which are tall), thus making her taller and giving her "the floor." My brother, being a smart butt, stood on the chair next to her. He is taller, so then he had the floor. My other brother jumps onto our kitchen counter and before he can get a word out, my sister leaps (literally in 3 bounds, counter, fridge, ledge) to the ledge between our living room and kitchen. I was laughing so hard that I was crying! AND since no one was going to trump her, we asked what she had to say. She said, "I have no opinion." and got down! :)
We got a decent snow on the 27th and since my family was all here, they were pretty excited to take Parker out to play. Here is she laughing with her Uncle Stu (or Goo as she calls him)
And this is just Parker cheesin' for the camera in the Christmas aftermath. I think she looks so old here. :(
Okay, I am going to try to continue blogging regularly(ish), but I've got a lot going in the next 5 months, so it may have to take a back seat.

2 comments:

amypfan said...

Great pictures! I especially like the one of her and Stu. She's looking so big these days!

Rebecca said...

Love the pics! Hoping someday to meet Parker! Very cool kitchen!!