Friday, February 5, 2010

A sundry collection of photos.

* I always thought the word was "asundry." As it turns out - it's just "sundry." Who knew? (Well, someone I'm sure, but not me!)

Although I haven't been able to take nearly as many picture recently as I would like, I have gotten a few and I'm taking a few minutes in between homework for one class and homework for another, so I thought I'd post some. So, here they are!

Parker has taken to laying on her tummy and reading. I think it's adorable! She hasn't quite mastered it yet, as she will only lay there for a few seconds before she repositions, but she keeps trying to find a comfortable position. Here she is reading "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake" which she carried around with her for a solid day. I must have read that stupid book a million times. Ah well, I suppose she could be doing worse things! ;)
A few weekends ago we built a fire. Here Parker is watching the flames. I post this only because I have a very similar picture of her from about a year ago, doing the same thing (and wearing a pink hoodie) If you want to see that one, it's in my post, cleverly titled: pics 2.
Parker's hair is incredibly unruly. We bathe her at night and then she sleeps on it, which causes even more problems. I was trying to get a picture of how cute all her little curls were before they got slept on, but P just kept grabbing her head and saying, "HAIR!"
Parker loves, Loves, LOVES our cats. They, generally, don't want much to do with her. However, the other day she got a rare moment on the couch with BOTH cats. Thirty seconds later they were both gone, but she was really happy for a minute! (She's also watching tv, hence the inability to look at the camera!)
And lastly, we decided it was time to switch Parker over to the big girl part of her bed. It's really not that much different than the crib, but I think it makes a good transition between actual bed and a crib. So, when we move (fingers crossed) and we have another baby (more fingers crossed), she will make an easier transition to a "real" bed. We had a heck of a time trying to find bedding we liked. All anyone carries in stores is Disney character stuff - and you ALL know that I am not going to buy her a princess bedspread. (Plus, she wouldn't even know who they are!) So, I finally found this online at Wal-Mart. It think it's cute and girly (but not TOO girly) and it looks okay with the current paint in her room. Please don't mind the skirt that goes with the crib bedding. We have to leave it up because we are hiding tons of stuff under her bed while we show the house and if we take it off, we lose all that space! Yikes!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like Parker's new bedding...glad you found something you liked that wasn't Disney...I think that is one of the reasons we had Henry go straight to a twin...more choices!

Krysten said...

Sadie has also taken to laying on her stomach quite frequently. Her favorite thing to do, though, is color. Thank GOD for washable crayons! And, strangely enough, she also carries around and LOVES "If you Give a Cat a Cupcake." Wouldn't everything really be better with sprinkles? :)