Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Down by the River

After coming home from Alicia's parents' house last Thursday evening, we haven't had many scheduled activities.  I admit that when running around from thing to thing to thing, I often idealize free time.  In real life, I find that I don't often know what to do with myself (or Parker.)  P would be content to play with her babies (and us) all day long, but that makes me a little crazy.  So, today (after lounging around in pajamas for MUCH longer than I am going to admit on the internet) we took a mini-adventure to this covered bridge in Noblesville.  

It was fun.  Parker ran on the bridge and played on the playground.

It looks like she is resting, but she is actually telling me that her restaurant only has salad, oatmeal and mac-n-cheese
 Then we walked down one of the trails.  Parker was being crazy and running ahead then turning around and yelling, "Stop!"  Then, she would put her hands down, turn around and take off again.
Stop!
The drought we are in has had many negative side effect, but it did allow us to walk down to the river and on some rocks that are (I'm guessing) usually underwater.  Parker really liked being so close.
Alicia and Parker.  Super cute.
 Parker wanted us to take a family photo (not the easiest thing to do), but this turned out pretty decently.  Overall, it was really fun.  We weren't there very long (maybe 45 minutes) but it was great to get out of the house and "into nature."
Our cute little family

2 comments:

amypfan said...

Your last few posts have great pictures! Glad to hear you're having some summer fun. :)

Cathy Willman said...

You guys sure are a Cute little family! Looks like a lot of fun, glad you're enjoying your summer vacation!