Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sad and Happy

Today, I am both sad and happy.  This morning, my sister texted me saying that my brother's dog had gotten away from my sister-in-law (chasing after a deer) and had then gotten hit by a car.  By the time they got Eddie to the animal clinic, it was too late.  I feel really horrible about this.  Both my brother and sister-in-law loved Eddie so much.  He was such a good dog.  I'm not a dog person, and I liked the dog.  I just keep creating scenes of what happened in my head and it makes me want to cry.  I'm not really sure why this is bothering me so much, but I feel much sadder than I thought I would.  I guess the thought of Eddie in pain or the thought of Kimber (my sister-in-law) having to pick him up off the side of the road and drive him to the clinic just tears my heart out.  yeah.....

On to the happy - we have our adoption hearing tomorrow! Woo-hoo!  I didn't expect it to happen this soon since our home study people were ridiculously slow and didn't get the report turned in until last week.  I'm nervous, but so excited that Alicia will "officially" be Parker's Mom.  It's a big day and I'm super excited.  I have clothes laid out and everything! :)  So, that's that.  I will let you know how it goes.  Woot!

(Sorry, no pics.  I'm on Alicia's computer and all the new ones are on the other one. I'll get some up soon.)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

So sorry to hear about the dog. How sad.

Good luck with the hearing tomorrow! I hope it goes as smoothly as possible and you'll be able to move on with your lives as Parker's mommies! She's so lucky to have such wonderful parents in her life!

Rebecca said...

Good Luck! We will be thinking of you!

Moonwatcher said...

Happy Mommies day!!