Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hello readers (or imaginary readers)

It has been quite awhile since I have written.  No excuses really.  I've just been busy with school, life and trying to lose the last blasted few pounds before I hit my normal BMI.  I FINALLY did it a few weeks ago, but it has taken me a little bit to write about it.  So long in fact, that I don't know if I have anything to say about it.  So, here are just some random thoughts.

I have a normal BMI (Yea!)  I still feel fat and stressed about food.  (Boo!)  I have lost 70 pounds as of this morning.  (Yea!)  I ate several pieces of leftover birthday cake today.  (Boo!)  I bought a size 8 dress to chaperone prom in and didn't have to wear a single article of Spanx. (Yea!)  I have purchased several items of clothing labeled "small!" (Yea!)  Somehow (and I don't know if this is related to anything or not) I have had the WORST case of adult acne for like 2 months now.  (Boo!)  Alicia and I have given away 10 bags of clothes. (Yea!)  I have nothing to wear.  (Boo!)

I have gone from a size (yes, I'm going to reveal this to the WHOLE world) 20W (that's "Women" or "FAT") to a regular 12.  I would really like to lose 15ish more pounds, but that is proving to be very difficult.  I would have to work REALLY REALLY hard to get there by July (which was an arbitrary goal I set for myself) and I just don't want to work that hard anymore.  I'm lazy.  So, we'll see what happens.  Right now I'm slowly making progress and working on not gaining any weight (or at least losing it within a week) during this graduation/birthday season.

So, as a before and after.  Here's a picture of me and Parker last year on my birthday.
Me and Parker on my birthday last year (2011)
And, here we are yesterday.  Please pardon the quality of the 2nd photo.  It was taken inside on a phone.  I don't have any good new shots of my full body, so a face shot will have to do for now.

Me and Parker on my birthday this year (2012)



1 comment:

Cathy Willman said...

So glad that all your hard work is paying off! Great Job! (YEAH!)