Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Narcissitic Baby

My daughter is riciduous. Sometimes, when I need to use the computer I sit her on my lap and let her watch the screen. To her, it's a mini-television and she adores it. The background on our computer is a picture of Parker (I know this is shocking to everyone.) Lately, whenever the computer starts up and her picture appears, she gets very excited and does that fast breathing, limbs tightening thing she does when she is super excited about or interested in something.

I thought I would try a little experiment. I brought up our pictures and was showing them to her. (Yes, they are mostly of her!). She was super excited. She was smiling and laughing and leaning toward the screen. Then, we got to a picture that wasn't her. She stopped smiling and looked at me as if to say, "Um, Mom? Not me. Move it along!"

So, to those of you who occasionally babysit my child: If she's fussing, try showing her pictures of herself on the computer. She loves it. Silly, narcissitic baby.

No comments: