Friday, July 11, 2008

appointment

I am electing to not do the Friday Fill-in's mostly because my answers and Alicia's will probably be fairly similar and who wants to read the same blog twice?  

We had our doctor's appointment today.  It was a little rough seeing as I didn't sleep last night and the appointment was at 9:15 (early for summer) on the other side of town.  The little bed they make you sit was actually calling my name and I was so tempted to lay down and nap until the doctor came in.  However, I restrained myself and I did learn a little bit of important information.

Those of you that regularly stalk know that I have been a little panicky about fetal movement lately, so I asked about it.  I had heard the 5-6 movements per hour thing.  When I asked the doctor she confirmed that information.  The piece that I either missed or misunderstood was that it only had to be 5-6 movements in an hour's time twice a day.  Any two hours in a 24 hour period are fine.

OH!  That makes it all better.  She totally moves that much.  For some reason, I thought that I ought to be able to feel her 5-6 times per hour EVERY hour.  I guess when I really think about it, that's ridiculous.  She has to sleep sometime, but it was just never made clear to me and I'm new at this!

Two more happy things about our appointment- 1) Baby P is head down and will most likely stay that way  2) I didn't gain any weight in the last two weeks! :)

So, although I am exhausted and feeling pretty sick today, it was a good day because I know that our baby is fine and, hopefully, I will be able to calm down a little in regard to this fetal movement thing.  9 weeks and 5 days to go!


3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm glad the doctor was able to ease your mind. Hannah moved A LOT so I couldn't remember the "minimum". She also got the hiccups and towards the end was getting them 5 times a day or more. It was cute in the womb, not so cute when she was born and continued to get the hiccups that often (which interrupted sleep). I'm excited to see you tomorrow - I haven't seen you since you announced your pregnancy! :o

Cathy said...

Indeed all of that is good news, especially with the not gaining anymore weight. I do know I was like putting on a pound a week by this time. I don't think I realized there was a movement minimum, or at least I don't remember, then again, my brain was quite pickled by pregnancy hormones.

amypfan said...

Way to go, baby P! I'll bet Krysten is wildly jealous that P's head is in position. You must just be thinking more positive thoughts than her. :)