Monday, July 21, 2008

Lazy update

I know that many of you are looking forward to pictures of the floors, but, frankly, the idea of getting up, taking pictures and loading them onto the computer is not appealing to me right now.  Call me lazy.  It's true.  The heat has been horrible lately (except for a brief period yesterday after it rained) and I am done!  When I get hot (even in my air conditioned house) I get light headed and I don't feel like holding my own head up, let alone doing anything.  So, I really haven't been.  Poor Alicia.

What have we done recently? 

The floors - You all know this, but my parents were down all last week ripping up carpet and installing new floors.  They look really nice.  Unfortunately, the carpet, which my parents will be taking, but didn't have room for on the way home, is still in our garage.  This means Alicia's car is in the driveway (which makes it EVEN hotter when we decide to take it anywhere.....see above comment on being too hot.)  I think that, overall, I survived a week with my mom pretty well.  I feel bad because my dad basically did everything by himself.  I'm not much help, (although I did scrape carpet pad glue, fill in nail holes and hand boards to my dad), Alicia's back was out of commission and my mom is not very helpful in situations like these.  Oh well.  They are done. 

Attended another baby class - Crazy Jane was not nearly as crazy.  I got really sick partway through, so I'm not really sure what we talked about.  I was just looking forward to the part when I could lay on the floor and close my eyes.  Next week is the tour...YEA!

Bought some cute stuff for P's room - I'm not normally a crafty person, but we found some inexpensive shelves at Michaels, which we are going to paint and then bought the letters for her name along with some doo-dads to put on the wall.  We are excited to get it up.  This, however, is going to require me going outside (to help paint).......not excited about that.

Put together the changing table - I hate furniture assembly.  Right now I just get too hot (okay, let's be real....I get hot going to the kitchen to get a drink.) and maneuvering around on the floor trying to help Alicia is not fun either.  However, it's done and we should only have one more piece of furniture to assemble (if we ever figure out who got it for us and when we will get it!).  So, I'm glad it's done and we can start using it to store the appropriate things.

I guess that's it.  Another baby shower this weekend and then band camp next week.  That should be fun.......

3 comments:

Krysten said...

Can you have band camp inside? Maybe you can march around in the gym? I certainly have to salute you for giving it a try. I know it's part of your job and all, but YUCK! Can you stand the taste of Gatorade? Adam buys Fierce Gatorade all of the time and it tastes like grape. Maybe if you keep drinking it your electrolytes will stay up enough that you won't feel as bad. For your sake, I certainly hope so. Do you have a sub for your maternity leave yet? So far we've had no luck here getting anyone to even apply! Eeek! Well, enjoy your air conditioning as much as you can and I'll "think" happy cool thoughts for you! :)

Suellen said...

:) It is supposed to be a little cooler the next couple of days. Alicia said she would do all the outside stuff. I don't think I'm going to even attempt it. Not so much luck with a sub here either. I have to do the search myself and I have a guy who said that if he doesn't have a full time job by Aug 1, then he will do it, but he will then have to get through the red tape of our sub system. I'm trying not to worry about it. (Yeah right!)

amypfan said...

If the carpet is still sitting in your garage, we'll take it. We've actually been looking for some carpet scraps to put in our basement to make it a little more kid-friendly. :) Call me.