Friday, July 11, 2008

Insomnia

If any of you look closely, you will see that I am indeed up at 4am typing a blog.  (This will make 3 entries in 24 hours - crazy talk!)  Anyway.  I can't sleep.  I know that pregnant women everywhere are in shock about this, but it's been hitting me pretty hard.  I have always been one of those people who could sleep wherever, whenever and through whatever.  In college,  my roommates found this to be hilarious and I have several pictures of them posing with me and dressing me up while I am sleeping.  

While I am still a heavy sleeper, I can rarely actually get there.  This is very hard for me.  I am a person that needs lots of sleep and I'm just not getting it.  This leads to headaches, crabbiness and a need for many naps.  Somehow, it's just easier to get comfortable on the couch in the middle of the afternoon than it is in the middle of the night.  

Right now, we have been "asleep" for about 5 hours.  I have been up 4 times.  I decided to try the couch.  (Generally, a little more comfy than the bed for me.)  I am getting a headache (note to self....finish typing and take Tylenol so as not to ruin your entire day tomorrow) and can't sleep because I just keep making a mental list of things to ask the doctor tomorrow.  Also, P is actually awake and kicking, which isn't bothering me, but when she is moving around and I am aware of it, I like to stay aware or it since I haven't been noticing her as much lately.  I guess it's just reassuring.

Okay, faithful readers, I guess I am off to TRY to go to bed again.  Maybe getting up and doing something has made me tired enough and emptied my brain enough that I will actually be able to fall asleep.  Good night.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Hope you got back to sleep and had a nice flexible morning, and at least 1 good nap today! Let us know how the appointment went.

Carrie said...

OMG... I have BEEN there and blogged about it not all that long ago. I can totally relate. I really think it's your body getting you used to the middle of the night feedings. You will honestly feel better in a couple of months. And you won't remember as coherently how bad you felt. I PROMISE!

Moonwatcher said...

Hope you are able to get lots of sleep because I want you to be a happy healthy, rested Suellen but also because I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT SEEING YOU TOMORROW!! :-) Yes, I'll be there and I totally think about the more-in-touch conversation all the time and pledge to be a better friend.
Anyways, see ya soon and sleep well :-)

Krysten said...

Apparently we should just call each other in the middle of the night. I only had about 3 hours of "good" sleep last night. I had to get up and go to my last day of conference today and was none too happy to be doing it. But, I only stayed at the conference until just after lunch and then came home and took a 2 hour nap. 2 hours seems to be about the max amount of time I can sleep comfortably, though. I keep getting horrendous cramps in my hips and coming downstairs means I end up with 3 kitties on me in a matter of minutes and then can't sleep because of the fur, the heat, and the claws digging into my various body parts. I'm going to try taking a bath tonight (in a few minutes actually) and seeing if I can't convince my body to be calm, cool, and ready to sleep. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!