Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

I have never actually done a Thursday Thirteen (partly because I tend to forget the days of the week in the summer) so I thought I would give it a try.   Here goes....

Thirteen things that we (and by we I mean mostly Alicia) got accomplished today:

1.  Semi-organized the clothes in P's room - They aren't actually organized because we still have to wash them (or wash the ones we are going to wash right now) but they are either hanging or in the dresser.  

2.  Put the bedding and mobile on the crib - It's cute and if I weren't so lazy, I'd take a picture and post it.

3.  Ran many errands - to the Target to update the registry, buy random things like 33 pounds of cat litter for $10 and see if we could find window coverings for P's room...no luck, so we went to the Home Depot - jackpot!  We got a shelf for the laundry closet (to have somewhere to put the things that are currently in P's room), something on which to hang the valance, a window shade and a ceiling light.

4.  Took a nap - this was mostly me.  The three hours of errands wore me out.  

5.  Hung the valance - All Alicia

6.  Hung the shade - Again, all Alicia (I was still napping.)

7.  Put in the new closet shelf - I helped as much as I could.

8.  Moved items from one shelf to another - I think we have games stacked about 8 feet high in this closet now...

9.  Attempted to put in ceiling light but discovered that the screws that came with the light were not the right size for our "hole" so we will go get more tomorrow. 

10.  Picked up dog poop so Alicia could mow - No, we don't own dogs, but my brother's dogs come to visit often, so we do get pooped on.

11. Alicia mowed (actually, she is still mowing, but I assume she will finish!)

*These last two haven't been accomplished yet, but they are on the list*
12.  Enjoy some strawberries and angel food cake 

13. Watch a movie - together - maybe even on the same couch if I can not get too uncomfortable too quickly - So, I'm not sure that the last two are accomplishments, but we (again, really Alicia) did a lot today so maybe it is an accomplishment that we will manage to squeeze in some together time.

Tomorrow is doctor day!  YEA!!!  I'm pretty anxious to talk to her about this kicking (or lack of kicking thing.)  Luckily, it's an early appointment, so hopefully I will feel less nervous soon.

1 comment:

amypfan said...

Glad to hear your day was so productive!