Well, here it is: The Weekly Update.
Pounds lost this week : 5!
I also went down another size, which is pretty exciting. Do you even know how incredibly awesome it is to :
1) Not have to shop in the “plus” department?
2) Not have to take the largest size on the rack – in the “regular person” section?
3) Realize how many cute clothes are out there – and that I might actually look good in them? Sadly this is a moot point at the moment since we are only buying clothes to “get by” until we reach our goal weights.
However, I’m just not feeling great about things right now. I think it’s because I’m not really exercising. I used the gazelle twice last week (Wednesday and Sunday) but I’m not sure if it’s really helping. My knees always hurt when I am done and I never really feel winded or like it’s a real workout. I always feel really powerful and proud of myself after I’m done running. I don’t get that with the gazelle.
We have a treadmill picked out, we just have to buy it (and assemble it). I’m nervous about buying a piece of exercise equipment. Mostly because I have seen so many major purchases like that just sit around in people’s houses and I don’t want to waste our money. I just need to stay motivated.
It’s hard to stay motivated to exercise when I am still losing weight without physically doing too much. I know it’s not all about the weight. It’s about being healthy and not feeling winded when you have to carry your completely-exhausted-almost-40-pound-preschooler out of the Children’s Museum and up - and then down - all those stinking ramps (which I successfully did on Sunday, thank you very much), but part of me is just LAZY.
So, I suppose my goals for this week are:
1) to keep movin’ down. I would like to break into the next set of 10
2) to obtain the treadmill. In the meantime, I should do something small (like gazelle) on our busy nights and I should RUN on Thursday.