Friday, September 5, 2008

Potential 9/11 baby

Our plan has once again changed. After spending this week agonizing over whether or not to plan a c-section, we decided we would. Then, we get to the dr today and I am 80% effaced and 3cm dialated. The doctor thinks that is a really good sign since I am only 38 weeks. So, she thought that I might take well to an induction and she assured us that 1) she could get the baby out of my pelvis 2) that if things were not going as well as she wanted them to, we could just go ahead and have a c-section and that it wouldn't have to be a hurried, rushed thing. It would be okay. Originally, we didn't talk about inductions because trying to force a big giant baby out of my body when it's not ready is generally not a good plan, but apparently my body is trying to get ready on it's own, so I guess we will just wait and see.

As of right now, we have the induction planned for 9/11 at 5am.

Don't tell our moms!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh! :) I can't wait to see the baby!

Suellen said...

You and me both, Kathy! :)

Andrea said...

LOL why shouldn't we tell your moms? They won't like that you are having an induction or they won't like the date?

Cathy said...

That is so exciting, and you're already so much more ready than I was! Maybe your body really does want to do it by itself.

Suellen said...

Andrea, you have never met our moms! We just don't want them here until things have calmed down. Easier to ask forgiveness when things are all said and done than to have them hovering around during birth!

Krysten said...

I completely understand being afraid. I was certainly a little scared myself. But, if you are already that dilated and effaced, the induction should go MUCH smoother than mine did. Plus, you are already quite close to being able to start the epidural. I actually had nubain first, which I would HIGHLY recommend. They just give the nubain as a shot in your IV. It gave me a wonderful sense of calm, dulled the pain a bit, and made getting the epidural a breeze. Pre-pregnancy I was very unsure about whether I could handle getting the epidural, but it was totally worth it - even twice! The worst part was obviously the actual delivery. There is nothing that can prepare you for that kind or type of pain, but you have such an urge to push at that point that all you have time to think about is "Push, push, push, get out of me!" I know it's gross to think about, but pushing is really like taking the biggest poop of your life. So, get yourself ready for a good poop and you'll be good to go. You can live through it and only two days later I'm still pretty darn amazed at myself and how well I handled everything. Your body can be pretty amazing and you will be impressed with yourself. How exciting that Parker and Sadie will only be a week apart in age! How cool is that? :)

Lauren said...

Sounds like you're well on your way! You're much better off than I was when I went in for my induction. Fingers crossed that you'll progress a little more this week before you go in. Good luck!

Andrea said...

Four more days until we get to see pictures of little Parker!!! How exciting! :)