Friday, November 14, 2008

P's new trick

Preface: I do NOT think my daughter is a pet. I will not attempt to leave her home for the weekend by herself. I will not make her poop in a box. I will not throw her off the counter and yell, "Get down, you stupid baby!" Don't be thinking I'm a bad mom. It's the only comparison I could think of that made sense!

I love my daughter - more than I can even say. However, for the first month or so of her life I sort of felt like she was a pet - fun, cuddly, lovable, needing fed and taken care of. It didn't really feel like she was an actual person who had thoughts. Lately, that has changed. It feels like she wants to talk to us. She has been babbling and cooing for quite a while now, but recently she has started trying to mimic the sounds we make. This is a very fun game. Sometimes she gets them and sometimes she just makes funny faces trying to figure out how to make the sound. I can practically see her thinking. Either way - it's hilarious!

So, here is a poorly lit video from last night. I didn't have time to get good lighting - the cuteness was in progress - so please excuse the dark and grainy quality.


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Very cute! Can't believe how big Parker is getting...seems like yesterday she was born. Bet you feel the same way!

Cathy said...

Adorable. You can totally see her little wheels turning! Totally understandable that "The Cuteness Was In Progress". I think that covers a lot of excuses for a good few years to come.

Moonwatcher said...

Already on her way to being a great singer, that girl can match a pitch :-)