Thursday, August 14, 2008

Friday Fill-in

1. The last meal I had at a restaurant was at Steak n Shake after the UHS pitch in that had a pitiful amount of food. I'm actually pretty proud that we've made it almost a week without eating out!

2. People who can't give you a straight answer is something I intensely dislike. Perhaps this is slightly skewed right now since my newest co-worker is someone who talks in circles all day long.

3. The full moon really does make kids crazy. As a teacher, I truly believe this. They just go nuts!!!!!

4. Wicked is one of my favorite local expressions. It's not local to the midwest, but it's the only thing I picked up from our time in New Hampshire. Things aren't just wicked. They are wicked something else i.e "I was wicked sick over the weekend," or "I have a wicked mean boss."

5. Sometimes it's best to just go with the flow - don't stress about things that aren't going to change and keep a smile on your face even when you want to scream. In the grand scheme of life, it doesn't matter. (But if it really, truly matters does matter, you should NOT go with the flow and put up a stink!) :)

6. __________ is the best movie I've seen so far this year! This is still blank because I couldn't come up with an answer. I suppose that means that I haven't really seen any good movies. I suppose I could say that is was NOT Mama Mia! (which I only saw because my sister wanted to). It was entertaining in that ridiculous sort of way, but I don't ever want to see Meryl Streep clutch her hand in a fist and dramatically pull it in front of her body or wave her arms in an over the top fashion while singing ever again!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to maybe actually staying awake for the Olympic coverage (better take a nap first) and spending some time with Alicia, tomorrow my plans include cleaning the house for incoming family and baby shower #5! (Woot!) and Sunday, I want to get rid of the family (in a nice polite way) and just lounge around on the couch ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!

No comments: