Wednesday, February 18, 2009

On My Mind

1) When/if Parker will roll over - I'm beginning to think that it's just not going to happen. It kind of seems that she could if she wanted to, but she is seriously lacking motivation. Maybe she'll just skip that step entirely. I'm trying not to worry about it, but the paranoid part of me is currently winning out.

2) What is going to happen with my job next year - Is the job share going to go through? If it does, am I really going to be able to teach kindergardeners? Really? I'm not opposed, it's just a long way from what I currently do. It's a change I want, but am nervous about.

3) The University Musical - I really want to do a good job, but a lot of it is out of my hands - however, in the end it will be mine to claim - good, bad or awful.

4) How I'm going to pull off the rest of this year - We have parades, graduations, concerts and 5 people coming to band......I don't know how I'm going to magically make the children appear.

5) Refinance or look for another house? Can't decide. I want another house, but I don't know if that's the best decision right now. Especially since our finances are kind of up in the air since I might be job sharing next year.

6) Our anniversary - We want to take a trip, but I'm worried about leaving Parker for that long. I can barely stand it when we have a babysitter for the night let alone leaving her for a whole week.

7) Parker in relation to the University Musical - How is it logistically going to work when Alicia and I have rehearsals at night and Parker has proven that she NEEDS to be in bed by 7:30ish in order to not be a super fuss when we get her up early the next day.

8) Where my baby went - Okay, so Parker is still a baby, but she is such a big girl in so many ways. I keep looking at the picture of her in our room from when she was three days old and wondering where that baby went. I miss her. I love the current Parker sooooo much, but I miss the old one too.

9) Miscellaneous thigns I need to do - wedding presents, baby presents, go through the clothes in my closet to sort out the fitting, the not fitting, the ugly, clean the bathroom, update the pics to Shutterfly so my mother doesn't kill me, get together with people in Indy who STILL haven't met Parker (ridiculous, I know)

10) Being a working mom - It's hard - not because I'm so tired when I get home but because it seems that the time I get to spend with Parker is all task-oriented time: changing her diaper, getting her dressed, feeding her, bathing her. When do I just get to play with her? I love doing all the task oriented things and I would rather have it than not, but I miss just hanging out with my baby. I don't get to play with her anymore.


11) Weight loss - I've been doing pretty well, but am getting a little antsy to get to the end or to hit some other big milestone. It's frustrating because I have such a long way to go. I keep telling myself that I'm 1/3 of the way there, but that doesn't seem to help. I'm trying to take it 5 lbs at a time, but sometimes that's too slow for me. As I have indicated before, I am an instant gratification type of person and weight loss is not an instant gratification kind of thing. ERGH!

12) Electronic "communication" devices - At one point last weekend, I was in the room with my mom, my sister and Alicia. 3 out of the 4 of us were "playing" on some sort of electronic device. I am sooooo sick of these "communication" devices keeping us from honestly, actually talking or hanging out. I know that I am as guilty as anyone, but really, why do we sit in the room with people we care about, people we supposedly like to spend time with and stalk our "friends" lives on facebook instead actually spending time with the people we are with? I'm not saying there isn't a time or a place for this activity I just feel like the world in general is missing out on real moments and living in virtual ones instead. Okay, off the soap box.....moving on.

13) Who on earth came up with the brilliant idea of having 26 minute classes on these PBA (meeting) days? My day has been totally pointless so far and, based on what the kids are saying, I'm not the only one!

1 comment:

amypfan said...

It's true, P is looking like quite the big girl lately!