Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the 13th Fill-In

1. When I look to the left, I see my desk, a blank cinderblock wall, some broken instruments and a broken bookshelf. My work environment is awesome.

2. I guess the living room is the room that has the best view in my home. All the other windows in our house look out to the street - the living room looks into our backyard (fenced, thank goodness so that we don't have to look at our neighbors' crap.)

3. Let it work itself out. I'm referring to Parker's bizarre pattern of sleep recently. I'm hoping it has to do with this cold she has now.

4. If it is done dirt cheap, then you probably got your money's worth. I'm a big believer in the "you get what you pay for" theory.

5. Supporting kids is a responsibility that all qualified citizens must share. Most of my kids have sorry excuses for parents and so, sadly, that makes it the responsibility of the other "qualified" adults in their lives to take care of them, get them to school, keep them off the street and, maybe someday, help them become a functioning part of society. What's even more sad is that I may be the only "qualified" and willing adult that most of them see in a day.

6. If you have any advice on what to do with a sick baby, feel free to share. Parker has her first real cold and I feel so bad for her!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to "Friday Surprise" (although it's not much of a surprise anymore), tomorrow my plans include room service, the Museum of Contemporary Art and lunch and Sunday, I want to spend time with my family and perhaps buy Parker some clothes that will actually fit her. We are certainly doing our share to stimulate the economy this weekend!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Johnson and Johnson's Vapor Bath or Vicks Baby Rub (with the pink lid) --Lifesavers!