Wednesday, September 15, 2010

If Anyone Cares

Parker had her 2 year appointment today.

Here is what we learned.

She weighs 29 lbs, 3 oz. (75th percentile)
She is 36 inches tall (95th percentile)

She is developmentally on or ahead of schedule and.....

She has double ear infections. WHAT?

She hasn't been acting obscenely cranky or messing with her ears and her snottiness had mostly gone away. I feel like a horrible parent, but how the heck am I supposed to know when she acts normally and doesn't run a fever or anything? Sheesh.

Anyway. Our kid is mostly doing well. So, that's good. Hopefully, the amoxicillin will do it's stuff and kick these infections!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would always get aggravated at the "well, you should known they had ear infections because they tug at their ears."
That's great and all if they actually do tug at them.

Rachel said...

I care! I care! I, too, have been lurking :)

My niece had double ear infections as an infant and on one could tell - she was just as happy as always. And I agree with Joe - all Little Man does is pull on his ears.

Don't feel bad!!

Cathy said...

Chris would pull ears...when he was tired. I never know with Sam, so I usually just always make them check whenever he's in. But we've been surprised like that a couple times, only once was it "Raging" and he was acting funny. So you'll know. Good for her that they don't bother her too much.

Oh and she's about half a pound away from Chris. ;)

Hooray for Mostly Healthy Babies!