Sunday, January 10, 2010

Surprise!

I have blogged about many motherly things, but this is probably the one that is going to seal the deal. I apologize to anyone who may read this who isn't a parent. I would just recommend that you stop now!

Last Thursday Parker said, "Poop. Potty" and headed off to the bathroom. Alicia and I were thoroughly confused, but followed her and figured we should sit her on the potty. We didn't even have a training potty. She's just getting ready to turn 16 months old for goodness sake. Anyway, she had already gone by the time we got over our confusion and put her on the potty. We did, however, take it as a sign.

So, Friday night, (oh our exciting lives) we went to Target and bought a Potty. We thought that it would just be good to talk about and have around. Saturday, she again said, "Poop. Potty." So, we again took her to the bathroom. She had already gone, but we set her on her potty. AND SHE PEED!!!! We were shocked and kinda excited (I'm not gonna lie, I was already allocating the diaper money toward much more exciting things!)

Today, she toddles toward the bathroom saying, "Potty!" So, we put her on and she pees again! I feel like this is a little insane and I'm completely unprepared. I don't know how to potty train. We don't really have time to do this right now, but I guess we are sort of in it. I don't think we will be doing anything hard core until summer, but if she's interested, I guess we should do something.

So, here's to going with the "flow" so to speak! :)

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Congratulations!!!

Suellen said...

Yeah - it was all me...... LOL Alicia was like, "What are we going to do when we have a child who doesn't parent herself?" :)

amypfan said...

How on earth did she even know to ask? Smart kid!

Suellen said...

I have no idea. Thank goodness she's smart - her moms are clueless!