1. One of the best concerts/plays/movies I ever saw that I really didn't think I'd like was The Vagina Monologues. Now my memory of this is a little vague - so I'm not sure if it was the "real" one or not, but it was definitely a bunch of women standing in front of an audience talking about their hoo-has. I thought it would be all depressing, but it was pretty funny as well.
2.Caesar salad is a recipe I recently made (or a meal I recently ordered) that was delicious. I did order this today at Panera (thanks Gwyn and David), but I have also made it at home and it was delicious there as well. I am currently addicted to Caesar salad!!!!
3. It's time for my brother and sister-in-law (and maybe my sister) to come visit. Steven and Kimber haven't met Parker yet and so they are visiting this weekend. I love introducing Parker to her family.
4. A nearly full night's sleep is quite refreshing. Wednesday night Parker only woke up once and Alicia took care of it! I had to get up to pump, but I basically got to sleep through the night! It was the most awesome thing EVER!!!!!!!!
5. If I never hear the word "my friends" again, it'll be too soon. Okay so that's really a phrase and I am only referring to John McCain's serious overuse of it - specifically in the most recent debate. I told Alicia part way through that it should be a drinking game. John McCain - you are NOT my friend!
6. To one side of the curving road was a dangerously close lake, and on the other was I'm not so sure - I have always been concentrating very hard on not driving into the lake. I think there are some trees. This is a road by my parents house that is very curvy and just a few feet from a lake. I am always afraid to drive on it in the winter.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to getting caught up with my brothers and sisters, tomorrow my plans include a 1st month birthday party for Parker and Sunday, I want to nap! Isn't that what we always want to do on Sunday?
My friend....congrats on getting a full night's sleep! Babies only have to do 3 things: Eat, Sleep, and Poop. Chris did none of the above like he was "supposed" to. I'm so glad that Parker gladly obliges all three. May you get lots of rest this weekend!
Ha! To make up for it, Parker kept me up for three hours last night fussing because she was trying to poop AND she spit up tons, so I was covered in spit up, breast milk (since I couldn't pump because she was being such a fuss) and then later poop. She definitely failed all three things last night!
Ok - this is seriously strange. I, too, have been craving Caesar Salad. I just can't get enough of it. It must be some weird post-pregnancy thing!
Our trouble here is always getting to sleep at night. She sleeps great once she finally arrives at sleeping, but that's not usually until after midnight. That will not work once I go back to work. Hopefully we can get her adjusted over the next few weeks!
And, unfortunately, I always have to get up and feed her because I am the pump. :) But, Adam's been great about getting up and doing diaper changes and such, so I can't complain too much.
It is still our intention to make it over there for Homecoming weekend. I think we're going to try to come over on Friday afternoon/early evening. I think we're going to get a hotel to make it easier on everyone. Have you heard from Tiger and Megan? Are they coming down or does Illinois have a home game that weekend?
Post a Comment