1. Folding the laundry - The basket has been sitting half folded in the living room for 3 days now.
2. Washing the endless array of bottles on my counter - I'm pretty sure I just did that, but the stupid kid ate again!
3. Napping - You are SUPPOSED to sleep when the baby sleeps, but I have not found that to be effective yet.
4. Filing the bills - I hate putting things away. This would take all of 4 seconds, but I just don't wanna.
5. Cleaning the kitchen table - I thought I just did this yesterday, but it seems to have piled up again with random pieces of paper.
6. Sweeping my every-day-more-disgusting floor - mmmmm cat hair everywhere!
7. Picking up the 2 weeks worth of crap that has piled itself on all the end tables - To make matters worse, we put up a couple of tray tables early in the first week of Parker being home since neither one of us was really getting off the couch and these have just morphed into end tables to hold more junk!
8. Cleaning the bedroom - ugh. I can't see my dresser! I have too many clothes and they don't fit, but I don't want to go through and get rid of any yet because I don't know what actually will fit......ergh!
9. Pumping - Oh wait, it just feels that way - I actually don't have to do this again for another hour!
10. Working on the photo album - Probably the most enjoyable of all these tasks, but still not really up for it right now.
11. Figuring out what cool weather clothes Parker actually has - Sadly, I think the answer is not many in a size that actually fits her. Good thing we have $$ at Babies R Us - Free Clothes!!!!!
12. Writing a few more thank you cards - I actually think I have been doing really well at this, but I forgot just a couple people.
13. Figuring out what Alicia and I are going to do on our date Saturday (That's if I can actually bring myself to leave Parker. I'm GOING to do it. For us.) - Yeah, I think I will hop on this one right now. :)
Indeed that is a great picture. All lofty goals, but remember you did just have a baby, take it a Little easy...at least until you are in danger of being eaten by the aforementioned hairballs, or the piles become bigger than all of Parker and her stuff, and you can't see her over the crap. Been there.
aww cute pic :) I agree with Cathy - take it easy!
Do not feel bad. We've had laundry, folded, and sitting in the hall for 3 weeks. Beau, our littlest cat, thinks that all freshly laundered clothes are a place for him to rest his head (and body). This means that really all of those clothes need to - at the least - go through the dryer again to remove the fine sheen of black fur that is now covering them.
Plus, Adam is working from home today and making me feel extremely guilty. He's been helping to change Sadie, went to pick up lunch for us, rocking and burping Sadie, and cleaning the house. I have been feeding Sadie and holding her on occasion, but I really don't feel like I've done much of anything today.
Now Sadie is sleeping and instead of doing something useful, I think I'm going to take a nap. :)
Oh my gosh, that is the cutest picture! Is Parker's hair red?
Perhaps not as red as it sometimes appears in pictures, but I would definitely call it auburn! :)
Love, love, love the picture. And I'm so glad you're taking a date night! I'm sure it will do you both a world of good.
OMG Cutest picture! sounds like things are great! have a wonderful date!
Post a Comment